[Video] Introduction to JSON data types in PostgreSQL
The video of my presentation below walks you through the major features of the native JSON data type in PostgreSQL 9.3 and beyond.
This presentation covers the following topics:
- What is JSON?
- How is it available in PostgreSQL?
- What’s the difference between JSON and JSONB?
- Accessing JSON values
- Creating JSON from table data
- Creating table data from JSON
- Crosstabs with JSON
- Indexing and JSON
- When to use JSON, when to use JSONB, and when neither should be used
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!