Date and Time: Thu, April 2, 2020 at 4pm UTC
This webinar will cover using and managing Identity Columns and Generated Columns in PostgreSQL, with a focus on real-world use cases.
Identity Columns offer a standard-conforming and robust way to create auto-incrementing fields in tables. Generated Columns are computed from other columns and enable more flexible schema design and performance benefits for your database.
Key topics covered in this webinar will be:
- Creating Identity Columns
- Managing Identity Columns
- Identity Columns vs. other auto-incrementing column methods
- Creating Generated Columns
- Stored vs. Virtual columns
- Replacing triggers with Generated Columns
Speaker: Peter Eisentraut, Chief Technology Officer at 2ndQuadrant