Just in case you missed the live broadcast, the video of my presentation below covers various topics around integration of PostgreSQL with other data sources and database technologies.
This presentation covers the following topics:
- What is a Foreign Data Wrapper?
- How to query MySQL, a Flat file, a Python script, a REST interface and a different Postgres Node
- Perform all of the above simultaneously
- Take snapshots of this data for fast access
- Tweak remote systems for better performance
- Package as an API for distribution
- Stream to Kafka
- Write data to… MongoDB!?
- What does all of this have in common?
It’s an exciting topic, and I hope more developers and admins begin to see Postgres as the global integration system it really is.