OmniDB 2.7 released – Now with improved security and debugging features
Oxford, United Kingdom — April 12, 2018
2ndQuadrant proudly announces the release of OmniDB 2.7. OmniDB is an interactive and powerful, yet lightweight, browser-based database management tool. OmniDB 2.7 allows users to manage multiple databases in a unified workspace with a user-friendly and fast-performing interface.
OmniDB 2.7 introduces the following features:
- Debugger plugin for Windows. The debugger plugin can now be installed on PostgreSQL databases hosted on Windows.
- Basic support for MySQL 5.6/5.7 and MariaDB 10.1/10.2 databases. Users can now manage, connect, and interact with MySQL and MariaDB databases using the same basic features available for Oracle databases.
This release presents improvements including:
- Improved security for omnidb-server when running with SSL
- New button to reload the function source code in the debugger interface
- Commands \?, \x and \timing for Console Tab for Oracle, MySQL and MariaDB
- Console status showing the number of rows affected in the Console Tab for Oracle, MySQL and MariaDB
- Analyze action for tables and materialized views for PostgreSQL
- Truncate action for tables for PostgreSQL
- UI and editor themes can be applied on-the-fly
- Dark theme for charts
- Support to quoted identifiers on Oracle
- Improved security for debugger
- Other improvements to the debugger interface
For a complete list of updates, read the OmniDB change tracker here.