Announcing the Release of repmgr 4.1.1
Oxford, United Kingdom – September 5, 2018
2ndQuadrant today announced the release of repmgr 4.1.1
repmgr is the most popular tool for PostgreSQL replication and failover management. It enhances and complements the built-in replication capabilities in PostgreSQL; making it easy to set up and manage standby servers, check replication status, and perform administrative tasks such as switchover operations. The repmgrd daemon provides automatic failover capability to maximize database uptime, and can easily be integrated with other tools such as PgBouncer for high application availability.
Packages are available via public RPM and APT repositories from 2ndQuadrant.
repmgr 4.1.1 presents the following usability enhancements:
- repmgr standby switchover --dry-run no longer copies external configuration files to test if they can be copied; this avoids making any changes to the target system.
- repmgr cluster cleanup now includes cluster_cleanup event.
- repmgr standby switchover improves detection of free walsenders.
- Improved messages emitted during repmgr standby promote.
This release presents important enhancements to repmgrd, such as:
- Always reopens the log file after receiving SIGHUP, previously this happened only when a configuration file change was detected.
- Reports version number after logger initialisation.
- Improved cascaded standby failover handling.
- Improved reconnection handling after brief network outages – if monitoring data is being collected, this could lead to orphaned sessions on the primary.
- Check promote_command and follow_command are defined when reloading configuration. These were checked on startup but not reloaded by repmgrd, making it possible to build repmgrd with invalid values.
For a detailed list of all changes, enhancements, and bug fixes, please read the complete release notes here.
We recommend upgrading to this version as soon as possible. This release can be installed as a simple package upgrade from repmgr 4.x.
Source files can be downloaded here and installation instructions are available here.
repmgr is distributed under GPL v3.
For more information, please send an email to [email protected]