Announcing The Release of repmgr 4.1
Oxford, United Kingdom – July 31, 2018
2ndQuadrant today announced the release of repmgr 4.1.
repmgr is the most popular tool for PostgreSQL replication and failover management. It enhances and complements the built-in replication capabilities in PostgreSQL, making it easy to set up and manage standby servers, check replication status, and perform administrative tasks such as switchover operations. The repmgrd daemon provides automatic failover capability to maximize database uptime, and can easily be integrated with other tools such as PgBouncer for high application availability.
Packages are available via public RPM and APT repositories from 2ndQuadrant. Installation packages documentation is available here.
This release introduces the following configuration file changes:
- Default for log_level is now INFO producing additional informative log output, without creating excessive additional log file volume, and matches the setting assumed for examples in the documentation.
- recovery_min_apply_delay now accepts a minimum value of zero.
repmgr 4.1 presents important usability enhancements, such as:
- Always exit with an error if an unrecognized command line option is provided. This matches the behaviour of other PostgreSQL utilities such as psql.
- Add -q/--quiet option to suppress non-error output.
- repmgr cluster show, repmgr node check and repmgr node statusreturn non-zero exit code if a node status issues is detected.
- Add --csv output option for repmgr cluster event.
- repmgr witness unregister can be run on any node, by providing the ID of the witness node with --node-id.
- repmgr standby switchover will refuse to run if an exclusive backup is taking place on the current primary.
For a detailed list of all repmgrd changes, enhancements, and bug fixes, please read the complete release notes here.
We recommend upgrading to this version as soon as possible. This release can be installed as a simple package upgrade from repmgr 4.x.
Source files can be downloaded here and installation instructions are available here.
repmgr is distributed under GPL v3.
For more information, please send an email to [email protected]