Click here to add your own text
Announcing The Release of repmgr 4.0.4
Oxford, United Kingdom – March 9, 2018
2ndQuadrant today announces the release of repmgr 4.0.4. repmgr is the most popular tool for PostgreSQL replication and failover management. It enhances and complements PostgreSQL’s built-in replication capabilities, making it easy to set up and manage standby servers, check replication status, and perform administrative tasks such as switchover operations. The repmgrd daemon provides automatic failover capability to maximize database uptime and can easily be integrated with other tools such as PgBouncer for high application availability.
repmgr 4.0.4 includes the following usability enhancements related to logging/diagnostics, event notifications and pre-action checks:
- Add repmgr standby clone --recovery-conf-only option to enable integration of a standby cloned from another source into a repmgr cluster
- Remove restriction on using replication slots when cloning from a Barman server
- Make repmgr standby promote timeout values configurable
- Add missing options to main --help output
This release contains the following bug fixes:
- Ensure repmgr node rejoin honors the --dry-run option
- Improve replication slot warnings generated by repmgr node status
- Fix --superuser handling when cloning a standby
- Improve detection of status change from primary to standby in repmgrd
- Improve reconnection to the local node after a failover in repmgrd (previously a connection error due to the node starting up was being interpreted as the node being unavailable)
- Correctly connect to new primary after a failover when repmgrd is running on a witness server
- Add event notification repmgrd_shutdown in repmgr
For a detailed list of all fixed bugs, please read the full release notes here.
We highly recommend upgrading to repmgr 4.0.4 at the earliest opportunity available. For this release, a simple package upgrade from repmgr 4.0 – 4.0.3 is required; repmgrd (if running) should be restarted.
repmgr is developed and maintained by 2ndQuadrant – your diligent team of PostgreSQL experts.
repmgr is distributed under GPL v3.
For more information, please send an email to [email protected]