Announcing the release of Postgres-XL 10R1Beta1
Postgres-XL is a massively parallel database built on top of – and very closely compatible with – community PostgreSQL and its set of advanced features. It supports both Business Intelligence workloads and high-volume transactional write and read workloads, all on the same platform.
Postgres-XL is fully open source; as we begin to move towards a fully parallel, sharded version of core PostgreSQL, many parts of Postgres-XL will feed directly or indirectly into later releases of PostgreSQL.
Postgres-XL 10R1Beta1 introduces the following enhancements from major PostgreSQL latest releases:
- Declarative table partitioning
- Improved query parallelism
- Significant general performance improvements
- Improved monitoring and control
- Parallel execution of sequential scans, joins and aggregates
- Avoid scanning pages unnecessarily during vacuum freeze operations
- Substantial performance improvements, especially in the area of scalability on multi-CPU-socket servers
- Full-text search can now search for phrases (multiple adjacent words)
This new release also includes several bug fixes and Postgres-XL specific enhancements. The distributed planner code has been rewritten to utilise advances in the PostgreSQL code.
For a complete list of updates and bug fixes, read full release notes here.
For more information, please email [email protected]