Announcing the Release of OmniDB 2.6
Oxford, United Kingdom — March 15, 2018
2ndQuadrant proudly announces the release of OmniDB 2.6. OmniDB is an interactive and powerful, yet lightweight, browser-based database management tool. OmniDB 2.6 now allows users to manage multiple databases in a unified workspace with a user-friendly and fast-performing interface.
OmniDB 2.6 introduces a Psql-like console tab that allows users to run commands and keep track of past executions – a new and unique feature, never seen before in any other PostgreSQL graphical database management tool. The new features included in this release allow the user to manage and interact with PostgreSQL and Oracle databases. New features include:
- Export query results to CSV or XLSX.
- New interface that allows users to define shortcuts for several actions, such as run query, cancel query, explain, tab management and others.
- Execute selected query in the query tab.
OmniDB 2.6 presents the following improvements:
- Separation between server hosting OmniDB and websocket server (to handle query, console and debugging tabs), enhancing performance for multiple users.
- JSON and JSONB types fetched with single-quotes, following the JSON standard.
- Enhanced performance of database tree when rendering thousands of nodes.
- Setting application_name for all PostgreSQL connections.
- New login screen.
- Welcome tab with details about current version.
A complete tutorial on how to deploy omnidb-server is available here. For a complete list of updates, read the OmniDB change tracker here.
OmniDB 2.6 is available for download here and installation instructions are available here.
OmniDB is fully backed by 2ndQuadrant’s world-renowned 24/7 Production Support.
For more information, please email [email protected]