Announcing the Release of OmniDB 2.13
Oxford, United Kingdom — December 20, 2018
2ndQuadrant today announced the release of OmniDB 2.13.
OmniDB is an interactive and powerful, yet lightweight, database management tool. It allows users to manage multiple databases in a unified workspace with a user-friendly and fast-performing interface.
The new features introduced in OmniDB 2.13 are:
- Connection Groups. Allow users to easily distinguish between Production and Test database servers.
- omnidb-config CLI utility. User and connection management via omnidb-config CLI utility now helps with automated deploying.
Other improvements included in OmniDB 2.13:
- Advanced Object Search now considers view and materialized view definition
- Show trigger function when expanding the trigger node in the tree view
- Improved \h command for PostgreSQL databases, which provides syntax help on SQL commands
- OmniDB systemd service now uses configuration file in /etc/omnidb.conf in Linux operating system
- Converted all OmniDB users passwords into hashes in the OmniDB user database, improving security
- OmniDB upgrade procedure now takes a backup of the user database (file omnidb.db)
- Autocommit is now always enabled on Oracle/MySQL/MariaDB
- Users will no longer need to execute query again after password expiration / re-validation
- OmniDB debugger plugin for PostgreSQL 11 for FreeBSD
For a complete list of updates and bug fixes, read the OmniDB change tracker here.
OmniDB 2.13 is available for download here and installation instructions are available here.
For more information, please email [email protected]