Announcing the Release of OmniDB 2.13
Oxford, United Kingdom — December 20, 2018
2ndQuadrant today announced the release of OmniDB 2.13.
OmniDB is an interactive and powerful, yet lightweight, database management tool. It allows users to manage multiple databases in a unified workspace with a user-friendly and fast-performing interface.
The new features introduced in OmniDB 2.13 are:
- Connection Groups. Allow users to easily distinguish between Production and Test database servers.
- omnidb-config CLI utility. User and connection management via omnidb-config CLI utility now helps with automated deploying.
Other improvements included in OmniDB 2.13:
- Advanced Object Search now considers view and materialized view definition
- Show trigger function when expanding the trigger node in the tree view
- Improved \h command for PostgreSQL databases, which provides syntax help on SQL commands
- OmniDB systemd service now uses configuration file in /etc/omnidb.conf in Linux operating system
- Converted all OmniDB users passwords into hashes in the OmniDB user database, improving security
- OmniDB upgrade procedure now takes a backup of the user database (file omnidb.db)
- Autocommit is now always enabled on Oracle/MySQL/MariaDB
- Users will no longer need to execute query again after password expiration / re-validation
- OmniDB debugger plugin for PostgreSQL 11 for FreeBSD
For a complete list of updates and bug fixes, read the OmniDB change tracker here.
For more information, please email [email protected]