PostgreSQL 9 Administration Cookbook
A practical guide, this cookbook will ensure you run a smooth PostgreSQL database.
Written by Simon Riggs and Hannu Krosing
- Administer and maintain a healthy database
- Monitor your database ensuring that it performs as quickly as possible
- Tips for backup and recovery of your database
What you will learn from this book
- How to implement PostgreSQL features for reliability and performance
- How to use the latest PostgreSQL 9.0 features
- Summaries to help DBAs with experience of other database systems
- Advanced technical tips and scripts for experienced users
- Best practice for planning and designing live databases
- How and when to VACUUM your databases
- Selecting and implementing robust backup techniques
- Concise and clear guidance on replication and high availability
Written in the cookbook style, this book offers learning and techniques through recipes. It contains step-by-step instructions for administrators and developers to manage databases on PostgreSQL. The book is designed in such a way that you can read it chapter by chapter or refer to recipes in no particular order.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Sysadmins, Database Administrators, Architects, Developers, and anyone with an interest in planning for or running live production databases. This book is most suited to those who have some technical experience.