An in-depth and practical course covering this horizontally scalable extension to PostgreSQL. This course will help delegates understand and implement massively parallel databases using Postgres-XL. This course will discuss the problems with parallelism.
- The Architecture of Postgres-XL
- How to properly choose a partition strategy for the best possible parallelization results.
- How to use replicated tables for better Join performance.
- Installing and configuring Postgres-XL
- Using Postgres-XL as a Data warehouse when combined with logical replication.
- Ingesting large data volumes with Postgres-XL
Postgres-XL is a massively parallel database built on top of – and very closely compatible with PostgreSQL. It is different because it supports both Business Intelligence workloads and high-volume transactional write and read workloads all on the same platform.
Length: 1.00 day