Open Source Tool For PostgreSQL Database Management
OmniDB is an interactive and powerful, yet lightweight, database management tool, which runs on Linux, Windows and MacOS. OmniDB allows users to manage multiple databases in a unified workspace with a user-friendly and fast-performing interface.
Why choose OmniDB?
OmniDB offers many facilitating characteristics to easily add, edit and manage your PostgreSQL database. Among the most significant characteristics are:
- Light and reliable. OmniDB is a browser-based tool designed to be powerful, yet lightweight. It allows database management in a simplified and interactive way.
- Easy to manage. The structure of the database is shown as an interactive tree. The user can easily add, remove, and switch between database connections by picking from a simple dropdown menu.
- Professional Support and Development. OmniDB is developed by PostgreSQL professionals at 2ndQuadrant and fully supported by its renowned 24/7 Production Support.
OmniDB gives you all the necessary features to add, edit and manage data in a unified workspace. It is capable of connecting and identifying main structures such as tables, keys, indexes and constraints. Some of its most prominent features are listed below:
- Comprehensive Interface. All available functions are displayed on a single page.
- Simplified Configuration. Easy to add and remove connections.
- Monitoring Dashboard. Customizable charts showing real-time information about your database health, load and usage.
- Parallel Execution of Queries. OmniDB is powered by the WebSocket technology, enabling you to execute multiple queries in parallel.
- PL/pgSQL Debugger. Complete debugging capabilities for your PL/pgSQL functions and procedures.
- Properties and DDL. By clicking on any object in the Tree View, OmniDB shows complete information about the object, as well as the complete DDL to create the object.
- Query Plan Visualization. Helps finding performance bottlenecks on your queries.
- Secure Unlimited access. It can be accessed by several computers and multiple users with encrypted personal information.
- Interactive Tables. All functionalities use interactive tables, allowing to copy and paste blocks.
- Optimized Data Management. It allows the user to manage and edit existing tables and create new ones easily. It is possible to add, edit and remove table records, depending on the table’s characteristics.
- Smart SQL Editor. Interactive and customizable SQL editor with syntax highlighting and SQL code completion for tables and subqueries. Easy to add, rename or delete editor tabs.
- Support for Plugins. Developers and users can add and share new features. Users can develop plugins in order to customize OmniDB to meet specific needs.
OmniDB 2.8+ includes support for BDR v3, a ground-breaking multi-master clustering tool for distributed PostgreSQL databases. The latest version of the OmniDB plugin provides visual monitoring with specific charts in the Monitoring Dashboard.
The BDR3 plugin allows users to easily connect and interact with BDR clusters in the OmniDB interface. The most important functions are listed below:
- Create new BDR clusters. Simply by connecting to the database and performing BDR-specific commands, the user can create new BDR clusters. The plugin automatically detects the node status and suggests context menu actions accordingly.
- Manage existing BDR clusters. By connecting to a single node from the BDR cluster, the user can see all nodes in the cluster and check the state of each node.
- Manage replication sets.The user can add or remove tables to replication sets.
- BDR Specific Charts. The OmniDB dashboard allows the user to create specific boards for monitoring BDR clusters.
An example of the OmniDB interface and the BDR3 plugin is available here
Where to find OmniDB
OmniDB 3 is written in Python and designed to provide a user-friendly interface for your PostgreSQL database. Available for download here and installation instructions can be found here.
OmniDB 3.0 Released – October 29, 2020
You can download OmniDB 3.0 here and go through the release notes here. For migration details from OmniDB 2.0 to 3.0, read the migration instructions.
OmniDB Knowledge Base
Webinar: Introduction to OmniDB
This webinar was held on and covered the following topics: What is OmniDB, Development – Past & Present, Supported DBMS, PostgreSQL Support, Interface and Features, PL/pgSQL debugger, Monitoring, Plugin System and Roadmap.
Spiacente, nessun articolo corrisponde ai tuoi criteri