Open Source Tool For PostgreSQL Database Management
OmniDB is an interactive and powerful, yet lightweight, browser-based database management tool. OmniDB allows users to manage multiple databases in a unified workspace with a user-friendly and fast-performing interface.
Why choose OmniDB?
Despite its light design, OmniDB is a reliable and comprehensive web tool with many facilitating characteristics to easily add, edit and manage multiple databases. Among the most significant characteristics are:
- A Light Web Tool. Runs in any browser, from any operating system.
- Responsive Interface. All available functions are displayed on a single page.
- Simplified Editing. Easy to add and remove connections.
- Secure. Multi-user support with encrypted personal information.
- Interactive Tables. All functionalities use interactive tables, allowing to copy and paste blocks.
- Smart SQL Editor. Contextual SQL code completion.
- Unlimited access. It can be accessed by several computers and multiple users.
- Tabbed SQL Editor. Easy to add, rename or delete editor tabs.
OmniDB gives you all the necessary features to add, edit and manage data in a unified workspace. It is capable of connecting and identifying main structures such as tables, keys, indexes and constraints. Some of its most prominent features are listed below:
- Easy to manage. The structure of your database is shown as an interactive tree. Each node’s context menu contains access to every available action. The user can easily switch between database connections by picking from a simple dropdown menu.
- Create and edit tables easily. As a result of a powerful interface and extended editing capabilities, OmniDB allows you to manage and edit existing tables and create new ones easily. It also allows you to add & edit various table attributes like columns and foreign keys etc.
- Data Management. It is possible to add, edit and remove table records, depending on the table’s characteristics.
- SQL Editing. OmniDB contains an interactive and customizable SQL editor, featuring syntax highlighting and SQL code completion for tables and subqueries.
- Parallel Execution of Queries. OmniDB is powered by the WebSocket technology, enabling you to execute multiple queries in parallel.
- Table Relation Graphs. With a single click you can see all tables and their relations, as well as a complete ER diagram.
- Basic support for Oracle databases. OmniDB allows users to manage, connect, and interact with Oracle databases.
- Basic support for MySQL and MariaDB. Users can manage, connect, and interact with MySQL 5.6/5.7 and MariaDB 10.1/10.2 databases using the same features available for Oracle databases.
- Support for BDR 3.0. OmniDB manages BDR groups, allowing the user to view/add/remove nodes from groups and perform all tasks in every node.
- Support for Plugins. Developers and users can add and share new features. Users can develop plugins in order to customize OmniDB to meet specific needs.
- Support to Foreign Data Wrappers, Foreign Servers, User Mappings and Foreign Tables for PostgreSQL databases. OmniDB can configure PostgreSQL to connect to Oracle, MySQL, Firebird, SQLite, SQL Server databases, and CSV files.
- Support for PostgreSQL 11. Tables, functions and stored procedures can be managed in the Console Tab and in the Tree View. OmniDB debugger now works with PostgreSQL 11 functions and procedures.
Where to find OmniDB
OmniDB 2 is completely written in Python and designed to provide a user-friendly interface for your PostgreSQL database. Download is available here and installation instructions are available here.
OmniDB 2.14 Released – February 14, 2019
You can download OmniDB 2.14 here and go through the release notes here.
2ndQuadrant provides PostgreSQL solutions for the Enterprise. Our support engineers have over 100 years of combined code contributions to the PostgreSQL project, making us the only company to contribute enterprise features to all of the last 13 releases.
This is paired with 17+ years of hands-on experience through client engagements and allows us to integrate customized solutions with our customers – making 2ndQuadrant the Gold Standard for PostgreSQL products & services.
To request more information about OmniDB and other 2ndQuadrant supported products, please complete the contact form below and we will have someone contact you as soon as possible!