Managed DBaaS for PostgreSQL in the Cloud
Setup and Deploy PostgreSQL on Public or Private Cloud with Postgres Cloud Manager
Easily deploy PostgreSQL in the cloud in just a few clicks with Postgres Cloud Manager (PCM). PCM ensures a smooth and successful deployment via a web interface or REST API across as many servers as your business requires.
Using Trusted Postgres Architecture (TPA) from 2ndQuadrant, PCM provides a highly available database bundled with world-renowned 24/7 Production Support and an intuitive GUI for easy database management.
- Provisioning and Configuration. Provisioning of hosts in both public and private clouds provided by the user, as well as the configuration of necessary infrastructure such as networks, security groups, and private storage instances.
- Automatic Backups and Point-in-Time Recovery. Each node can perform backups, and any node can be backed up from any other node in a cluster, then restored. Point-in-time recovery is also available.
- Auto-failover and Switchover. In case of failure or loss of a node, it is switched automatically with zero downtime, preventing service interruptions.
- Dynamic Scaling. Easily add or remove nodes from a cluster – while hot – based on changing needs and usage patterns.
- Advanced Database Hardening. Avoid preventable vulnerabilities with advanced security features to protect your PostgreSQL Database from attack. Includes user access control and session management.
- Monitoring Dashboard. Easy-to-use interface to monitor different aspects of your database cluster including performance, storage, network utilization, and load.
1) Single master deployments located in a single region with different availability zones for standbys.
2) Multi-master replication for geographically distributed Postgres clusters using BDR.
3) AlwaysOn (for BDR architectures) providing up to six 9s of availability (99.9999%).
Why Postgres Cloud Manager from 2ndQuadrant?
2ndQuadrant PCM is a highly reliable solution with the following benefits:
- Security. Built using secure coding standards to prevent security breaches and vulnerabilities.
- Performance. Automates load balancing for enhanced performance necessary for mission critical databases.
- Replication. Supports replication from an external Postgres instance.
Learn how Postgres Cloud Manager (PCM) is a quick and easy way to deploy PostgreSQL in the cloud.
PostgreSQL Immersion for Cloud Databases
This training is suitable for users of Cloud Databases and has minimal prerequisites, making it ideal as a speedy introduction to PostgreSQL. It covers selective topics from comprehensive courses such as Administration and Replication; Advanced Development and Performance; and Backup & Disaster Recovery.