Kubernetes Operators for Highly Available PostgreSQL and BDR
Self Healing PostgreSQL and BDR for Enterprises looking to go Cloud Native
2ndQuadrant is the first, and currently the only, PostgreSQL support and services provider to be recognized by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) as a Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP).
On this page
2ndQuadrant offers self-healing Operators for PostgreSQL and BDR, perfect for enterprises looking to go Cloud Native with Kubernetes. Our operators are built using Trusted PostgreSQL Architectures designed for high availability and optimized for Private Cloud with Local Persistent Volumes. With the capability to scale up or down, the operators also feature rolling upgrades for PostgreSQL minor versions.
Our Kubernetes Operators are the future of database infrastructure providing the following benefits:
- High Performance. Speeds of up to 7x faster than other operators with ground-breaking design resulting in negligible overhead compared to bare metal.
- Ease of Use. Designed for easy setup and superior user experience with step-by-step guides and comprehensive documentation.
- Security. Developed for mission critical production usage, including highly secure environments. Our operators comply with the security policies of highly regulated sectors like finance.
- Support for Production Deployments. Fully-backed by world-renowned 24/7 Production Support from 2ndQuadrant with a guaranteed response in 15 minutes, issue resolution in 4 hours, and a bug fix in 24 hours.
Cloud Native PostgreSQL by 2ndQuadrant is now certified by Red Hat and available via the Red Hat Marketplace for OpenShift Container Platform. Learn More
We provide Kubernetes consulting for open source PostgreSQL and the popular BDR extension. Our team of Certified Kubernetes Administrators (CKA) helps enterprises move to a Cloud Native platform while complying with the CNCF best practices.
2ndQuadrant offers training to introduce Kubernetes – the paradigm of immutable infrastructure – as a new way of thinking about application development. Starting with the basics on Docker, the training walks through the main concepts of using Kubernetes to deploy stateless applications. With a focus on PostgreSQL, it then lays the foundation for stateful applications that require data persistence with StatefulSets. See Upcoming Trainings
Cloud Native BDR Quickstart
With our Cloud Native BDR Quickstart, you get the following:
- Binaries. Database lifecycle management using Kubernetes Operators.
- Onboarding. Knowledge Base, Customer Portal, regular online webinars, and training.
- Consulting. Expert BDR advice for your business-specific use case.
- Training. Training curated by our certified professionals covering topics from Kubernetes basics to setting up BDR and other basic operations.
Why Kubernetes Operators from 2ndQuadrant?
Combining 2ndQuadrant’s renowned PostgreSQL expertise with CNCF’s certified skills for Kubernetes allows us to deliver the best experience when moving PostgreSQL to a Cloud Native environment.
2ndQuadrant provides PostgreSQL solutions for mission critical databases to fully support the PostgreSQL Ecosystem. Our support engineers have over 100 years of combined code contributions to the PostgreSQL project, making us the only company to contribute enterprise features to all of the last 13 releases. This is paired with 17+ years of hands-on experience through client engagements and allows us to integrate customized solutions with our customers – making 2ndQuadrant the Gold Standard for PostgreSQL products & services.
What is Kubernetes and why should I be interested?
Kubernetes (K8s for short) is an open source container orchestration tool to deploy software in a pre-defined, self-healing configuration; reducing the need for operations staff and helping organizations become Cloud Native. It is the strategic choice for making multiple servers work together in a complex architecture or cluster resulting in high performance and reliability.
Why do organizations choose Kubernetes?
Kubernetes is the next step in automated Configuration Management. There are several factors why high performing organizations choose Kubernetes, including:
- Abstraction of the infrastructure layer, removing differences between development and production environments. This enables developers to focus on programming new features for their applications rather than worrying about infrastructure or storage.
- Immutable infrastructure, based on artifacts like containers automatically produced by continuous integration and delivery pipelines, designed to boost feature velocity without compromising quality.
- Native self-healing capabilities
- On-demand up/downscaling
What is the significance of Kubernetes Operators in PostgreSQL?
Kubernetes allows you to define and run a pre-approved and certified configuration for PostgreSQL that is highly available and self-healing. Once defined, users of this orchestration will have an easy, automated, and repeatable process to deploy PostgreSQL in the chosen configuration. It allows organizations to replace a human-readable operations manual with fully automated operations, giving a big boost to Software Reliability Engineering. This means that sophisticated software (like PostgreSQL and BDR) can be adopted easily and quickly by developers.
Why opt for Local Persistent Volumes in Kubernetes?
Local Persistent Volume in Kubernetes allows performance to break free from the chains of network storage latency. It removes the barrier for high performing PostgreSQL database usage by directly mounting storage on the Kubernetes node where the pod is running. Learn More
Kubernetes Knowledge Base
“Hard to kill”: Automated Rapid Switchover with a BDR Cluster in Kubernetes
Discover how BDR and Kubernetes allow you to reach very high uptimes in a year for a database solution thanks to the Rapid Switchover capability.
How to deploy a multi-master BDR cluster in Kubernetes
A detailed tutorial on how our Cloud Native BDR Operator can be easily and quickly deployed on Kubernetes.
Webinar: Cloud Native BDR and PostgreSQL
This webinar explored how Cloud-Native BDR & PostgreSQL products developed by 2ndQuadrant work & how they can be integrated into your Kubernetes workloads.
2ndQuadrant Becomes 1st Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP) for PostgreSQL
2ndQuadrant is pleased to announce that it became the 1st Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP) for PostgreSQL, under the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) program. With this certification, 2ndQuadrant joins an exclusive group of thoroughly vetted service providers possessing deep Kubernetes expertise and a track record of successful customer adoption. Learn More
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria