2ndQuadrant offers a variety of courses to improve your understanding and practical knowledge of PostgreSQL. We deliver online and in-person courses as well as on-site training. Our training courses cover basic to advanced in-demand topics that are suitable for database administrators, architects, and developers.
Online Training Courses
2ndQuadrant offers live and interactive courses that provide a superior hands-on virtual training experience. Online training allows you to learn from world-renowned PostgreSQL trainers, irrespective of your location. These courses cover a wide range of topics and typically consist of multiple 2-hour sessions conducted over 3-5 days.
On-site training courses are designed according to your company’s specific requirements with training with material (PDFs, PPTs) customized accordingly. We can conduct the same training as the scheduled courses but at a location of your choosing. This is a very cost-effective route for teams of three or more as it reduces travel and accommodation costs.
Scheduled In-person Training
Scheduled in-person training courses cover a wide range of topics and are held in public venues such as hotels or training centers. These courses are scheduled throughout the year in various locations worldwide and also at Postgres events.
- PostgreSQL Database Administration: This course is suitable for database and system administrators with expertise in other database systems.
- Advanced Development & Performance: This course is perfect for PostgreSQL developers and database admins and covers important Intermediate and Advanced level details.
- PostgreSQL Immersion: This course is an ideal introduction to PostgreSQL with minimal prerequisites.
- PostgreSQL Security: This security training will help you learn how to harden your database and secure database breach points.
- Introduction to PostgreSQL and Kubernetes: This course introduces the self-healing infrastructure of Kubernetes and how to run PostgreSQL and other apps on it.
- BDR: This course covers the basic concepts of BDR, providing Advanced Clustering & Scaling for PostgreSQL.
- Replication, Backup & Disaster Recovery: This training is suitable for professionals looking to learn the basics of replication, backup, and disaster recovery.
- Linux for PostgreSQL DBAs: This course is suitable for DBAs looking to manage PostgreSQL databases using the Linux operating system.
- PostgreSQL Data Warehousing & Partitioning: This course is specifically designed to discuss Data Warehouse solutions based on PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL for Developers: This course is suitable for developers comfortable in using Java, PHP, Python, and other client languages.
- PostgreSQL Immersion for Cloud Databases: This is a shorter version of the Immersion course with a focus on Cloud Databases.
- Practical SQL: This course is perfect for developers looking to enhance their SQL knowledge.
What Our Clients Say
“It is now the expectation to select Postgres over Oracle for a range of use-cases, with Postgres becoming our preferred technology choice.”
James Tomkins, Data Services Portfolio Technical Lead, Met Office
“We got an excellent training on the job and during short interspersed tutorials, and could easily proceed ourselves on the newly gained, sound knowledge.”
Christian Schäfer-Neth, Deputy Head of IT infrastructure, Alfred Wegener Institute
Our Customers’ Experiences
UK-based Met Office is a global leader in weather and climate science. They are a significant consumer of IT, utilizing some of the most powerful computing technology available.
Discover why Met Office chose PostgreSQL as their backend database and how 2ndQuadrant experts have supported them in their success.
London & Partners is a not-for-profit public/private partnership formed by three promotional agencies to provide a large number of services to a potential audience of millions.
Discover how 2ndQuadrant experts helped London & Partners achieve their goals and what they have to say about their 2ndQuadrant experience.
Why PostgreSQL Training 2ndQuadrant?
2ndQuadrant’s training instructors have contributed to the enterprise features of all 13 releases of PostgreSQL and have over 100 years of combined contributions to the PostgreSQL project. Collectively, 2ndQuadrant hosts over 500 person-years of Postgres expertise. These are a couple of the many reasons our courses are frequently noted as ‘outstanding’ in post-course surveys.
Whether you are pursuing training for personal development or to support your organization’s upcoming projects, be sure to learn PostgreSQL skills from the people who know it best.