Global Database as a Service
Managed PostgreSQL for the Cloud
Global Database as a Service (GDS) from 2ndQuadrant is a quick and easy deployment of PostgreSQL in the cloud. Using the best practices for PostgreSQL, GDS provides you with a highly available database bundled with world renowned 24/7 Support from 2ndQuadrant and an intuitive GUI for easy database management.
Database deployment can be cumbersome and error prone for those without the proper experience. Currently, the only option for cloud deployment of open source PostgreSQL is to do so manually – a process which is unpredictable and not repeatable. GDS, developed by 2ndQuadrant experts, ensures a smooth and successful deployment performed automatically with the touch of a button across as many servers as your business requires.
- Automated Backups and Point-in-Time Recovery. Each node can perform backups; any node can be backed up from any other node in a cluster, and then restored. Point-in-time recovery is also an available option.
- Self-healing (auto-failover) and Switchover. In case of failure or loss of a node, it is switched automatically with zero downtime, preventing any service interruption.
- Dynamic Scaling. Easily add or remove nodes from a cluster – while hot – based on changing needs and usage patterns.
- Advanced Database Hardening Options. To avoid being impacted by preventable vulnerabilities, advanced security features are available to protect your PostgreSQL Database.
- Monitoring Dashboard. Easy-to-use interface to monitor different aspects of your database cluster.
GDS Setup Options
Single master deployments located in a single region with different availability zones for standbys.
Multi-master replication for geographically distributed PostgreSQL clusters using Postgres-BDR.
AlwaysOn (for BDR architectures) providing up to 5 nines of availability (99.999%).
2ndQuadrant provides PostgreSQL solutions for the Enterprise. Our support engineers have over 100 years of combined code contributions to the PostgreSQL project, making us the only company to contribute enterprise features to all of the last 13 releases. This is paired with 17+ years of hands-on experience through client engagements and allows us to integrate customized solutions with our customers – making 2ndQuadrant the Gold Standard for PostgreSQL products & services.