Global Database as a Service
Managed PostgreSQL for the Cloud
Global Database as a Service (GDS) from 2ndQuadrant is a quick and easy deployment of PostgreSQL in the cloud. Using the best practices for PostgreSQL, GDS provides you with a highly available database bundled with 24/7 Support and an intuitive GUI for easy database management.
Database deployment can be cumbersome and error prone for those without the proper experience. Currently, the only option for cloud deployment of open source PostgreSQL is to do so manually - a process which is unpredictable and not repeatable. GDS, developed by 2ndQuadrant experts, ensures a smooth and successful deployment performed automatically with the touch of a button across as many servers as your business requires.
- Choice of data centers distributed geographically
- Cluster performance benchmarking
- Easy addition and removal of clusters
- History tracking
- Client side monitoring with GUI
- General overview: active connections, deadlocks, disk usage
- System metrics: memory usage, CPU usage
- Database metrics: commits/rollbacks, sessions, cache hit ratio, table size
- Query metrics: long-running transactions
- Replication metrics: replication state, synchronization state, slot type, lag
GDS Setup Options
Primary server with multiple standbys geographically distributed for high availability.
Multi-master replication for Geographically Distributed PostgreSQL clusters using Postgres-BDR.
Why GDS from 2ndQuadrant?
2ndQuadrant is the team of diligent PostgreSQL experts. Our support engineers have over 100 years of combined code contributions to the PostgreSQL project, making us the only company to contribute enterprise features to all of the last 13 releases. This is paired with 17+ years of hands-on experience through client engagements and allows us to integrate customized solutions with our customers - making 2ndQuadrant the Gold Standard for PostgreSQL products & services.
To request more information about GDS from 2ndQuadrant, please complete the contact form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.