This course combines parts from three shorter classes, covering administration, performance, advanced development, and replication as a self-contained unit with very few prior requirements which is ideal as a speedy induction to PostgreSQL. Suitable for a wide range of attendees, including database administrators having prior experience with other database software.
Students must have a working knowledge of SQL. Using the command line interface to a Linux system and some basic UNIX shell programming experience is needed to complete all of the replication workshop exercises.
Who should attend?
Database administrators, systems administrators, or developers with working knowledge of database usage.
• Introduction to PostgreSQL
• Server Configuration
• Database Administration
• User Administration
• Understanding Database Object Types
• Permissions & Security
• Running SQL
• VACUUM, Freezing & Avoiding Wraparound
• Server Architecture & Caching
• Tuning Parameters
• Locking & Concurrency
• Database design alternatives
• Advanced Development Summary
• Reading EXPLAINs
• Workload Analysis, Benchmarking and Profiling
• Join Planning
• SQL Performance Tips & Tricks
• Logical Backup
• Replication Overview
• Replication Terminology
• Replication Transport
• Replication Startup & Setup
• Disconnection and Reconnection
• Switchover, Failover and Failback
• Physical Streaming Replication
• Logical Streaming Replication & pglogical
• Bi-Directional Replication
• Logical Decoding
• Online Upgrade
• Connection Pooling
• Sharding and Scale Out
• Physical Backup
• Point In Time Recovery
Comprehensive skills and a solid understanding of PostgreSQL, from database administration, development, performance, replication and recovery concepts.
Introduction to PostgreSQL 9 Database Administration, Advanced Development & Performance Summary, PostgreSQL 9 Replication & Recovery Concepts
Durata: 5.00 giorni