Secure your data from SQL Injection & threats
In an increasingly connected world, the surface area for possible cyber threats is multiplying daily, creating a critical need for more sophisticated data security procedures. Not only is personally identifiable information at risk, but stricter regulations are now requiring more stringent data security measures for compliance.
Security threats could be internal or external. Internal threats can be something as simple as human error, or through an intentional attack by someone with access to the system intending to sabotage the organization from within. Breach by external threats often comes in the form of a malicious intrusion by an individual or group seeking to cause an organization harm, or hackers taking advantage of system vulnerabilities.
Why SQL Firewall?
SQL Firewall is an easy-to-use extension to PostgreSQL, developed by 2ndQuadrant and available to 24/7 Support customers, for statement-level whitelisting for individual users. SQL Firewall is the best choice for database level security implementation because it:
- works as an extension against PostgreSQL 9.4 & above. Working as an extension means that it is quick and easy to set up.
- provides additional security through protection at the database level.
- is completely independent of the application layer. So existing applications will not require a change in order to use it, nor will you need to design new applications to cater to SQL Firewall’s functionality.
- works with all applications as an extension to PostgreSQL, regardless of platform and language of implementation.
What does it do?
SQL Firewall works at the database layer providing the following functions:
- Firewall - Block unwanted SQL statements from executing against your database.
- Controlled access - Whitelist statements at an individual user level.
- Automated training - SQL Firewall can be trained to whitelist SQL statements simply by running your application’s test suite.
- Import/Export Whitelists - Import or export whitelists to your PostgreSQL database. This allows you to use the same whitelist across multiple servers. It also allows you to train SQL Firewall in a controlled environment and then export the resulting whitelist to your production server for the launch of a new/updated application.
- Logging & Alerts - SQL Firewall logs each blocked query, allowing you to analyze and alert on possible threats. It also allows you to retrain your whitelist if needed.
Unsure if SQL Firewall will benefit you?
A Database Security Audit from 2ndQuadrant can identify breach points in your database. Find out more.
Why 2ndQuadrant SQL Firewall?
2ndQuadrant is your diligent team of PostgreSQL experts. As the largest collective organization of PostgreSQL contributors, we provide customers with more than just expertise - we give peace of mind. We apply knowledge from over 100 years of combined code contributions to the PostgreSQL project with more than 16 years of hands-on experience through customer engagements to deliver high-quality, customized services - making 2ndQuadrant the Gold Standard for PostgreSQL products & services.
Our focus on service quality is reflected in the consistent best-in-class NPS score of over 75 for more than 2 years. Spanning 22 countries and 5 continents, we sustain a local presence to better serve our customers.
To request more information about how to protect your database with SQL Firewall, please complete the contact form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.