This course combines three shorter classes - covering administration, performance, advanced development, and replication - into a continuous sequence. Ideal if you want to learn quickly. Hands-on workshop exercises are provided for the performance and replication classes. And students are encouraged to ask questions about features the instructor can demonstrate at any time. The examples target current versions PostgreSQL. Instructors for this class know how PostgreSQL works at a deep level, including the common challenges when the database is deployed onto real-world production systems at scale. The ideal student will not just want to know what to do with PostgreSQL; they'll want to understand how the database works and makes its decisions.
Students must have a working knowledge of SQL. Using the command line interface to a Linux system and some basic UNIX shell programming experience is needed to complete all of the replication workshop exercises.
Who should attend?
Database administrators, systems administrators, or developers with working knowledge of database usage.
• Introduction to PostgreSQL
• Server Configuration
• Database Administration
• User Administration
• Understanding Database Object Types
• Permissions & Security
• Running SQL
• VACUUM, Freezing & Avoiding Wraparound
• Server Architecture & Caching
• Tuning Parameters
• Locking & Concurrency
• Database design alternatives
• Advanced Development Summary
• Reading EXPLAINs
• Workload Analysis, Benchmarking and Profiling
• Join Planning
• SQL Performance Tips & Tricks
• Logical Backup
• Replication Overview
• Replication Terminology
• Replication Transport
• Replication Startup & Setup
• Disconnection and Reconnection
• Switchover, Failover and Failback
• Physical Streaming Replication
• Logical Streaming Replication & pglogical
• Bi-Directional Replication
• Logical Decoding
• Online Upgrade
• Connection Pooling
• Sharding and Scale Out
• Physical Backup
• Point In Time Recovery
Comprehensive skills and a solid understanding of PostgreSQL, from database administration, development, performance, replication and recovery concepts.
Introduction to PostgreSQL 9 Database Administration, Advanced Development & Performance Summary, PostgreSQL 9 Replication & Recovery Concepts
Length: 5.00 days
Price: £ 2500