IoT Solution by 2ndQuadrant
Build a Highly Available Database Eco-system for the Internet of Things using Postgres-BDR
The IoT Solution from 2ndQuadrant is a distributed data storage platform for the Internet of Things that provides on-demand horizontal scalability, complex data analytics, and deep learning features. The storage solution can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud, on edge devices, or a hybrid of the three.
With the IoT solution, data can be stored in the form of time series or spatial to run analytics and gain valuable information such as predictive analytics. The IoT solution is powered by Postgres-BDR to ensure up to 99.999% availability, providing scalable and reliable PostgreSQL clusters in a geographically distributed environment.
IoT Solution Features
- Real-time Analytics. Perform data analytics on large volumes by blending historic and real-time data. This provides the means to convert insights into actions in real-time.
- Time Series Data. Store precision data, as well as aggregate, normalize and analyze data in a time series. It also provides fast reads/writes, real-time query performance, and database scalability to petabytes.
- Deep Learning. Run Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence models on sensors, edge systems, or human data for predictive analytics, anomaly detection, and to improve efficiency of products and services.
- Geo-Spatial Support. Store, access, manage and analyze spatial data with built-in spatial functions, operators, and indexes using PostGIS.
How BDR Makes It Possible
The IoT Solution is powered by Postgres-BDR’s following key features:
- Highly scalable PostgreSQL database.
- Very high availability of nodes - up to 99.999%
- Multi-master replication of data in a geographically distributed setting.
- Very fast data processing and storing.
- Ability to write data locally and run queries across geographic clusters on demand.
Data Security, Privacy and Protection
The 2ndQuadrant IoT Solution ensures privacy, protection, and security for business-critical data. This is addressed through device-level authentication, encryption, and several other security protocols at all tiers of the data store.
Considering the sensitivity of IoT device data, the IoT Solution uses selective replication technology to allow users to control the node locations in which their data can be stored. This helps ensure that all nodes comply with local data protection laws. In addition, this data is partitioned in a way to make it easier to delete, ensuring compliance to regulations and retention policies.
SLA-based Production Support
The IoT Solution is backed by 2ndQuadrant’s world renowned, SLA-based Production Support - which guarantees a 15-minutes initial response, a workaround within 4 hours, and a bug fix within 24 hours.
2ndQuadrant is the team of diligent PostgreSQL experts. Our support engineers have over 100 years of combined code contributions to the PostgreSQL project, making us the only company to contribute enterprise features to all of the last 13 releases.
This is paired with 17+ years of hands-on experience through client engagements and allows us to integrate customized solutions with our customers - making 2ndQuadrant the Gold Standard for PostgreSQL products & services.
To request more information about IoT Solution and other 2ndQuadrant products please complete the contact form below and we will have someone contact you as soon as possible!