IoT Solution by 2ndQuadrant
Build a Highly Available Database Eco-system for the Internet of Things using Postgres-BDR
2ndQuadrant’s IoT Solution is a distributed storage platform for your Internet of Things data. Powered by Postgres-BDR, it allows you to store, process, and analyze sensor, smartphone or any edge point data while running compute-intensive apps in a geographically distributed environment. It also gives the ability to seamlessly scale up or down while ensuring the data is always available.
The IoT Solution makes it easier to run historic, real-time, and predictive analytics on large volumes of data. This data can be stored as a time-series and Postgres-BDR is also capable of storing spatial data; allowing you to gain valuable insights on all of your data.
In addition, the IoT Solution offers scalable, reliable, and highly available PostgreSQL clusters in a geographically distributed environment using Postgres-BDR multi-master replication technology. This makes it easier to replicate data to local or global clusters for business continuity. For high performance apps processing location specific data, data is only replicated locally.
IoT Solution Features:
- Real-time Analytics. Ability to perform data analytics on large volumes by blending historic and real-time data. This provides the means to convert insights into actions in real-time.
- Time Series Data. Ability to store precision data, as well as aggregate, normalize and analyze data in a time series. It also provides fast reads/writes, real-time query performance, and database scalability to petabytes.
- Deep Learning. Ability to run Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence models on sensors, edge systems, or human data for predictive analytics, anomaly detection, and to improve efficiency of products and services.
- Geo-Spatial Support. Ability to store, access, manage and analyze spatial data with built-in spatial functions, operators, and indexes using PostGIS.
How BDR Makes It Possible
The IoT Solution is powered by Postgres-BDR’s following key features:
- Highly scalable PostgreSQL database.
- Very high availability of nodes - up to 99.999%
- Multi-master replication of data in a geographically distributed setting.
- Very fast data processing and storing.
- Ability to write data locally and run queries across geographic clusters on demand.
Data Security, Privacy and Protection
The 2ndQuadrant IoT Solution ensures privacy, protection, and security for business-critical data. This is addressed through device-level authentication, encryption, and several other security protocols at all tiers of the data store.
Considering the sensitivity of IoT device data, the IoT Solution uses selective replication technology to allow users to control the node locations in which their data can be stored. This helps ensure that all nodes comply with local data protection laws. In addition, this data is partitioned in a way to make it easier to delete, ensuring compliance to regulations and retention policies.
2ndQuadrant is the team of diligent PostgreSQL experts. Our support engineers have over 100 years of combined code contributions to the PostgreSQL project, making us the only company to contribute enterprise features to all of the last 13 releases.
This is paired with 17+ years of hands-on experience through client engagements and allows us to integrate customized solutions with our customers - making 2ndQuadrant the Gold Standard for PostgreSQL products & services.
To request more information about IoT Solution and other 2ndQuadrant products please complete the contact form below and we will have someone contact you as soon as possible!