Announcing The Release Of repmgr 3.3
Oxford, United Kingdom - January 6, 2017
2ndQuadrant is proud to announce the release of repmgr version 3.3, the most popular tool for PostgreSQL failover since 2010.
repmgr 3.3 provides a number of usability improvements for the repmgr command line utility, particularly for the ‘standby clone’ and ‘standby register’ commands. These changes are primarily aimed at making repmgr easier to use when provisioning complex replication clusters.
repmgrd users should take note of the changes to repmgr logging behaviour.
From repmgr 3.3, support for the upcoming PostgreSQL 10 release will be provided as far as possible. PostgreSQL 10 is still under development with significant changes expected to the implementation of replication functionality; anyone wishing to test repmgr with PostgreSQL 10 should build from the repmgr master branch.
- Website: https://2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/repmgr/
- Download: http://repmgr.org/download/repmgr-3.3.tar.gz
- Release Notes: http://repmgr.org/release-notes-3.3.html
- Installation Instructions: https://2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/repmgr/installation-instructions/
- Documentation: https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/repmgr/blob/master/README.md
- Professional Support: https://2ndquadrant.com/en/support/support-postgresql/
repmgr is an open source package that helps DBAs and System Administrators manage a cluster of PostgreSQL databases. By taking advantage of the Hot Standby capability introduced in PostgreSQL 9, repmgr greatly simplifies the process of setting up and managing databases with high availability and scalability requirements.
repmgr is distributed under GPL v3 and maintained by 2ndQuadrant.