Announcing The Release Of pglogical 2.0
Oxford, United Kingdom - May 4, 2017
2ndQuadrant is pleased to announce the release of pglogical 2.0 – the next generation in logical replication for PostgreSQL. This version will continue to be supported until EOL for PostgreSQL server versions 9.4, 9.5 and 9.6 and will also work with PostgreSQL 10 due to release in Fall 2017.
The pglogical 2.0 release brings new features allowing it to be used for even more use-cases. It also includes several bug fixes and behavior improvements, including:
- Row filter - specify SQL expression which should be used on upstream to filter rows for replicated table
- Column filter - specify list of columns that should be replicated, this allows replication of just some columns from a table
- Windows support - pglogical can be now used with PostgreSQL running on Windows as both provider and subscriber (has to be built from the source at the moment)
- Delayed replication - it’s now possible to set delay for how long behind the downstream should be when replicating data
- Postgres-XL support - Postgres-XL can become a pglogical subscriber, which means you can replicate from PostgreSQL to Postgres-XL directly
- New command line tool pglogical_create_subscriber which can convert physical standby (or base backup) into pglogical subscriber
- Performance improvements for applying transactions containing many INSERTs (including transactions that did large import using COPY)
- Improved behavior of TRUNCATE, especially the TRUNCATE triggers
- Users executing DDL in database no longer need USAGE privilege on pglogical schema
- Fixed reporting of false positives on UPDATE conflicts
- Log level for conflicts can now be changed
pglogical is a logical replication system implemented entirely as a PostgreSQL extension. Fully integrated, it requires no triggers or external programs. This alternative to physical replication is a highly efficient method of replicating data using a publish/subscribe model for selective replication.
2ndQuadrant leads the drive for improving the enterprise functionality for PostgreSQL, continuously contributing major features to every release for performance, replication, business intelligence and usability.
pglogical has been developed by 2ndQuadrant. It is open source and fully supported for 2ndQuadrant 24/7 Support customers. We also offer consulting services to help organizations with application development, conflict handler design, cluster design, deployment, feature development and performance analysis.