Announcing the Release of OmniDB 2.12
Oxford, United Kingdom — October 23, 2018
2ndQuadrant today announced the release of OmniDB 2.12.
OmniDB is an interactive and powerful, yet lightweight, database management tool. It allows users to manage multiple databases in a unified workspace with a user-friendly and fast-performing interface.
OmniDB 2.12 presents a new modern and professional look on the entire web interface, its components, and icons. This release includes another important feature for PostgreSQL databases: the user now has the ability to enable/disable autocommit and can also commit/rollback at will.
The new features introduced in OmniDB 2.12 for PostgreSQL databases are:
- Status of the backend is shown to the user
- If autocommit is disabled or user starts a transaction, user can either COMMIT or ROLLBACK
- New full-featured autocomplete component for PostgreSQL
- Support to HASH partitions (SQL templates, treeview, properties and DDL)
Other improvements included in OmniDB 2.12:
- Now uses PostgreSQL server-side cursors whenever possible to always keep low OmniDB memory usage
- Improved SELECT template for views and materialized views for PostgreSQL
- Save title of Query Tabs
- Debugger has now different RPM for CentOS 6 and 7
- Plugin API is now adapted to new interface look
- Plugin API support for pglogical, Postgres-BDR 1.0 and Postgres-XL have been removed from core and are now a separated open source plugins
- Support to BDR 3.3 as a private plugin
For a complete list of updates and bug fixes, read the OmniDB change tracker here.
For more information, please email [email protected]